Escape Room Columbus is one of Columbus, Ohio’s newest attractions with over 3,000 5 star reviews on TripAdvisor.
Rooms hold anywhere from 6-10 people, though they typically recommend smaller groups. Room themes include:
- The KGB Interrogation
- Davinci Heist
- Jail Break
- A Night at the Castle
- Escape the Titanic
I recently had the privilege of getting to experience the Davinci Heist escape room first hand with my husband and 8 of our close friends (4 couples).
I am admittedly a wimp when it comes to things like haunted houses or really anything that has even a minor chance of scaring me. So when I was first approached about an Escape Room, I immediately pictured things jumping out at me. WRONG. The Escape Room forces you to use your best sleuthing skills in order to solve the given puzzles. You have to seek and utilize hints in order to solve the mission of your particular room.
I was confident that having a large group of us would help us solve the puzzle at record speed. As it turns out, it was a real challenge for 10 adults to come up with a plan of attack and to keep each other in the loop as we worked. Maybe this is why they typically recommend smaller groups?! However, it was fun to see everyone’s personalities at work and we sure did laugh along the way.
As it turns out, they let you out after your hour is up, whether you have actually solved it or not. So, whether you come out as reigning champs having set a new record or leave with some room for improvement, have no fear, you will actually make it out. We are proof!
- Make a reservation
- Allow for 90 minutes (15 minutes to be prepped before, hour long escape room experience, 15 minutes after for group pictures at Photo Booth)
- Larger groups don’t always mean you’ll escape quicker
- They are located in the heart of Columbus’ Short North district, so make a night of it and plan to grab a bite to eat and some drinks before or after!
- Have no fear, you can order a craft beer, wine or specialty cocktail to enjoy while you solve!
- Discount code: use the code Opening18 for $2 tickets
Whether you’re looking for your next date night idea or need a team building experience for your co-workers, I highly recommend checking out The Escape Room Columbus!
*Disclaimer: I received compensation in the form of the experience in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.