Summer has always been my favorite season. Though summering with a toddler can be a blast it can also be far from relaxing. Whether summering near or far, here are a few things that we have found to be helpful this Summer:
i play Reusable Swim Diapers– save on expensive disposable swim diapers while helping the environment as well. For the cost of one pack of disposable diapers, you can buy a reusable diaper. If you are like us and plan to spend your Summer days visiting splash pads and local pools, this will save you money over the course of the Summer.
- Tommee Tippee Insulated Cups– These cups come in many styles but are a great way to keep your little one’s drink cold in the Summer heat. They are leak-proof and the straws are great for oral and speech development as well!
- Rash Guard– Poor Quinn got her Mama’s fair skin! But no matter your babe’s complexion, a rash guard is a great way to protect them from damaging rays.
- Native Slip-On Shoes– There are tons of shoes out there to chose from but the Native brand provides the perfect shoe for all things outdoors this Summer. They can even double as water shoes!
- KidCo Peapod tent– a friend gave us this gem! Whether you’re at the beach or at a picnic, this tent provides the perfect place for your little one to take a nap or play without being in the direct sun. It is extremely lightweight, breathable and folds up into a compact bag for easy travel.
- The Honest Company Mineral Sunscreen– SPF is a non-negotiable in our house. Make sure to protect the whole family’s skin with sunscreen that is as safe as it is effective.
- Collapsible Cooler (similar)– A collapsible cooler is a must in my book. It takes up next to no space when not in use, making travel and storage easy, but allows you to pack all of your favorite snacks and drinks for your adventures.
- Collapsible Wagon– We got ours at Costco, but you can find them just about anywhere, including Amazon. We used this on vacation and were so thankful for how easy it was to carry Quinn and all of the stuff that comes along with her to and from the beach and pool. It’s super compact and lightweight too!
- After Sun Gel– Say goodbye to sticky Aloe Vera. After a day in the sun, the soothing botanicals in Mary Kay’s After Sun Replenishing gel are a perfect way to rejuvenate and replenish the moisture that the Sun took away. We store ours in the fridge in order to soothe any sunburn.
- Puma Soundchuck speakers– One of Ryan’s best buddies gave him this speaker as a gift and it is our favorite toy! It’s magnetic and portable, allowing you to throw it in any bag and take it on the go so you can play your favorite jams wherever the Summer takes you!
- Towel Clips– These clips are so clutch! We used Amazon Prime (Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial) to order them while we were on vacation after we saw how convenient they were for other beach/pool-goers. They keep your towel in place so you don’t have to constantly readjust it.
Be on the lookout for an upcoming post about Summer activities that will allow you to put these Summer essentials to use as you create lasting memories with your family! Comment below and let me know what Summer essentials you or your family just can’t live without!
*Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive compensation if you make a purchase using this link. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.