It’s that time again…swim lessons! Quinn absolutely loves the water. As summer and her third birthday are only a few weeks away, we decided that it was essential that we get her back into swim lessons. Water safety is a huge deal and I want to make sure that she is safe this summer, whether it be on vacation or at the local pool. However, safety is only 1 of the 8 benefits that I have found through enrolling our daughter in swim lessons.
Benefits to Lessons
- Fun: Swim lessons are a chance for kids to splash, play and explore life in the water. Goldfish Swim School does an amazing job at incorporating songs, games and toys into weekly lessons to ensure the kids enjoy it. Each week provides new concepts as well as new fun.
- Confidence: Students learn to take pride in themselves as they learn and grow their skills. Watching Quinn’s face as she looks up at us when she has mastered a new skill is priceless. This confidence has also led to bravery like we have never seen before.
- Independence: Though parents are still present for toddler lessons, instructors encourage students to begin to think and and act on their own. Whether it be climbing out of the pool, flipping to their backs to float or jumping into the water, kids are encouraged to do things more independently, particularly as they move up in age.
- Safety: Water safety is essential. As we encourage and equip our children to be more independent, it is important that we also teach them about danger and encourage them to make safe choices on their own.
- Quality time: After Hadley’s arrival in February, Quinn is still adjusting to the idea that she isn’t the only one taking up our time and attention these days. We have tried to be intentional about making time for Quinn that doesn’t involve her little sister. Swim lessons have been a great way for us to have quality 1-on-1 time with her. We alternate which of us swims with her, as Goldfish has parents accompany toddlers during their lessons. We have loved this time for individual bonding with her each week.
- Socialization: Kids learn to interact with other kids as well as adults. They learn to take direction from the teacher.
- Strength: Swimming allows kids to build and work their muscles through physical activity, while still seeming more like play than a workout to them.
- Energy outlet: Swim lessons allow kids to get their energy out. We have found that on the nights that our daughter has swim lessons, she inevitably sleeps better too, which is a welcomed benefit for all of us!
Additional Info for Columbus Families
Goldfish Swim School’s Summer Jump Start Clinic Registration is NOW OPEN!
Get a “jump start” with Jump Start Clinics! Due to popular demand, Goldfish Swim Schools have opened up registration for their summer Jump Start Clinics early! The Summer Jump Start Clinics run Monday, June 3 through Friday, August 2.
Make sure your child has a summer full of water safety and fun! Call the front desk at 614-407-3474 to get booked now!